Africa Alliance for Health, Research and Economic Development
For Social & Economic Wellbeing of Communities
Africa Alliance for Health, Research and Economic Development (AAHRED) is non-governmental organization employing volunteer humanitarian action to empower local communities eradicate poverty and the causes of poverty, diseases, and to end all forms of discrimination.
We are committed to peace, social, economic, environmental and gender justice and emphasize the right of all people not to be poor.
We tackle environmental, social and economic challenges from education, humanitarian relief, microfinance for livelihoods, and health.
Our actions help shape agendas and develop potential solutions in poverty eradication and disease prevention through applicable research, capacity building and modeling programs.
we implement through partnerships with local civil society organizations, engaging with government and the private sector, working effectively in coalitions to prioritize the rural and vulnerable poor – women and children as major critical beneficiaries and stakeholders .
We contribute in policy issues leading to all inclusive socio-economic development and universal health.
We envision Africa free from poverty and disease; where all individuals and communities can participate in and benefit from social and economic life
To harness potential of communities to help themselves, assume control of local development and improve their standard of living through poverty eradication, Prevention of diseases, and elimination of its causes.
We fight poverty and injustice through relief, development actions and advocacy by working closely with partners including governments and the private sector We work with local partners and communities to fight poverty, injustices, respond to humanitarian emergencies, campaign for change, and help people claim the services and rights they are entitled to through appropriate empowerment programs. We aim to end poverty and injustice in Africa by claiming community rights and access to healthcare, education ensure they are not discriminated against for any reason, Help them be more resilient to shocks and disasters such as drought, climate change and calamities and make the most of opportunities, such as being self-reliant.
Innovation and Modelling
Networking and Partnership
Institutional Building and Technical Support
Just and Inclusive Development
1) We fight to protect basic rights, educate and promote community engagement, empowerment and trade facilitation.
2) We facilitate Recovery of land for community from corrupt individuals, corporations or government.
3) We challenge environmental pollution and promote inclusive sustainable development.
4) Our integrity and anticorruption initiatives are geared to solutions improving governance that reduce corruption, capacity development, community participation and assist on policy development and implementation.
5) We provide technical support and Legal pro-bono services; enhance participatory research for development, and application of best solutions to community problems across infrastructure, Health, agriculture, Environment, micro enterprise development and relevant impact investments promoting economic development and wellbeing.
6) We organize relevant capacity Trainings to meet needs of communities.
Natural Resources and community engagement
We seek for adequate engagement of communities affected by the extractive industry sector over Environmental Social Impact Assessment-ESIA .Tracking mobilization and utilization of domestic resources and accountability frameworks for public finance management with a focus on extractive industries. We pursue:
1) Improved understanding on operations of Extractive Industries by CSOs and citizens
2) Improved transparency and accountability in the mobilization and utilization of finances from extractive industries.
3) Improved efficiency and effectiveness in utilization of resources for poverty reduction
4) Improved involvement of CSOs and other stakeholders at country level in monitoring operations of extractive industries
The principal human rights effects of these projects for communities relate to loss of traditional territories and land, eviction, migration and eventual resettlement, depletion of resources necessary for physical and cultural survival, destruction and pollution of the traditional environment, social and community disorganization, long term negative health and nutritional impacts as well as, in some cases, harassment and violence
Resource governance is strengthened when those decisions are subject to well informed public scrutiny and when decision-makers are held to account
Advocacy and Outreach
Advocacy for Change
We advocate, aware and watch for corrective measures on institutional lack of response to people needs and constitutional demands, corruption and human rights violations and increase our ability to place communities on the road to action towards inclusive growth and prosperity.
Our Projects include efforts for Community Health outreach, Child Rights and Protection, Reproductive Health, Food, Water and Nutrition, Sports and human rights, energy, environmental health including air and water quality, soil health. We work with our partners to execute our work with a strong focus on sustainable development.
Programs, Research and Innovation
We carry out evidence based research with our partners, we help children, families, and community’s holistic empowerment for sustainable development through self reliance knowledge and actions propelling them out of extreme poverty, hunger and ill health
1) Poverty Reduction
2) Universal Health
3) Governance & Human Rights
4) Sports & Human Rights
5) Enterprise Development, Market System
6) Development & Trade Facilitation
7) Community Empowerment & Gender Inclusion
8) Research for Development
9) Technology & Innovation
10) Climate Change, Environment and Natural Resource Management
EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT
Educated and Healthy children will lead their communities out of poverty and build their future prosperity. We help build appropriate schools with conducive classrooms as well as promote technologies that will enable quality education programs to serve all age groups and needs so remote populations will be able to compete in the world economy
We do Capacity-building training to strengthen the abilities of CSOs as agents of development in rural communities to become active participants in defining and implementing poverty reduction and sustainable development strategies by conducting organizational development and proposal writing training for CSOs and fundraising to strengthen their Program actions
We work for a world where the poor and disadvantaged in rural areas, are enabled to exercise their human right to health and socio economic development, strengthen civil society within rural areas through our programs such as training courses, mentoring field trips and exposure programs.